The ATN X-Sight weapon scopes are powered by the new revolutionary ATN Obsidian Core that runs a suite of sensors to cover all your needs. Perfect clarity in day or night, GPS, Geotag, Wi-Fi, E-zoom, Record HD Video/Images, Compass, Gyroscope, Smart Shooting Solutions and much more.
I received my ATN XSight 3-12 last week. The first thing I did was installing the latest firmware (1.8.00.228 Beta update). Thereafter, I took it to the range to sight it in. The next day, I took it out hunting.
Here are my impressions after this first week:
1. Firmware upgrade was easy. Once the display states 100% you can unscrew the battery cap to shut it off and restart.
2. The image quality is good enough. Daytime is fine and nighttime is much better than a Gen1 night vision.
3. The mount seems to be working out good;
4. It keeps its zero
5. Great owner’s community on Facebook (ATN X-Sight Owner’s Group)
1. Shuts off due to recoil (caliber .308 on bolt action rifle) – I experienced this but it was due to a not all the way tightened battery cap
2. Pulsing in recorded videos (has been improved with firmware updates but you can still notice it)
3. Eats through batteries fast even though features not used turned off (GPS, WiFi). I’m now running it with an Anker external power bank and battery life is not an issue for me any more. I can go on multiple hunts without having to charge the 12,000 mAh battery